Just owning or using an iPad can make you feel like you’ve got it all together, but there’s so much more to it! Here are some practical tech tips to help you get the most out of your iPads:
iPad 2 Everything Guide
This pdf doc is from the industry experts and it tells you everything you need to know about the iPad 2, including finger pinching, battery saving and rip-off finding techniques, as well as a bunch of cool accessories from stands to covers. Download the free guide here
The “New” iPad (3?) 14 Best Tricks and Tips
This site has 14 very good pointers for the “New iPad”
The Geek’s Guide to iPad Tricks and Tips
This website has all the best tricks; battery life alone has 12 tips–the dirty dozen, perhaps.
Some of our favorite tips at trade shows:
1. Turn down the screen brightness to 30%.
2. Get rid of all apps except the ones you will be using.
3. Use soothing colors; tensions are high enough at trade shows!
4. Use a rubber cover; the standard iPad cover will give some people a skin rash.
5. Connect only to your network; don’t expect the iPad to connect to the Internet at a trade show.
6. Train your reps on the iPad and role play for a while; it’s different than a PC or an iPhone.
7. Don’t plan on streaming video; it will work before the show starts (the operative word in the sentence is “before”).
8. Put a protective clear sheet on every iPad or they will get scratched.
9. Lock the iPads in a case in your closet at night, not under your counters where they can be found by every security guard and their friends who have keys that work on every trade show cabinet in the world.
10. Make a presentation and engagement plan that is simple enough for every rep to follow, using the iPads, of course.